Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ganpati Gele Gavala Chain padena Aamhala........




Yesterday we did Visarjan of our Ganapati Bappa !!! Feeling very sad….. While visarjan time we always say, "Ganpati Gele Gavala Chain padena Aamhala........" which means as lord Ganesha went to his home, we feel very lonely….. This year I was so busy with guests & friends that I could not got time to upload any post on Khaugiri…..So I am re-posting  some recipes of this festival…..




Ukadiche Modak














Ganapati Bappa Moraya, Pudhachya varshi lavkar ya........!







4 comments:

Himani Sharma said...

I made Modak for the first time , they came out just fine in terms of taste, but still to master the shapes :D

KrithisKitchen said...

Wow... what a lovely array of offerings!!

Meera said...

Beautiful picture! I know that sad and lonely feeling when we bid goodbye to our beloved God on Visarjan day. Your offerings really made me nostalgic. My aaji used to make fried modaks, watli daal, dahi pohe and cut cucumbers as prasad on the Visarjan day. and Khirapat, ukadiche modak, mava modak etc were made throughout Ganesh festival.

Unknown said...

Lovely collection of Modaks, I love Ukadiche modak the best..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...